Saturday, February 11, 2012

Makeup Forever HD vs Mat Velvet + Foundation




I have used the Mat Velvet + all week now so I thought I would tell you my thoughts on it compared to the MUFE HD, which we all know I love.

The HD foundation is said to be a medium to full coverage foundation. I would call it more full coverage. It's supposed to leave a flawless finish for a more "soft focus" affect. It does not contain any SPF at all so you won't get that whitish coloring in photos that you normally do with almost all foundations where your face appears so much lighter than the rest of your body. I feel like it has more of a dewy finish to it to leave you with soft glowy skin. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOUNDATION IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. That is the only negative I have found to this foundation. My skin is naturally very oily but I've been able to control that with good skincare products. I've recently had a problem with my skin being a little on the dry side so I started using the Philosophy Hope in a Jar for moisturizer & let me tell you, if you have dry skin then you need to use this stuff. After 2 weeks of using that moisturizer, I've had to buy the Oil-Free Hope in a Jar because my face was back to being too oily. That's another blog post though...lol What I'm getting at is that my face has been too oily to use the HD foundation in the last week or so. No one wants to be super shiny & have their makeup melt off half way through the day. If oily skin is not an issue for you then I would definitely recommend this foundation. I love it and will continue to use it! I do think you should set this foundation with a powder. It does have a hefty pricetag at $40 a bottle. It comes is 25 different shades to easily match anyone's skin tone. It has a nice pump on the bottle & I would say to expect this bottle to last you 4-6 months. You really only need 2 pumps for each makeup application.

The mat velvet plus is a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation. It hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. It is definitely very matte. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have dry skin. It has been great for me this week while I try to tame the oil in my face. I do not like it near as much as I like the HD, and I actually almost returned it but ended up keeping it to use on occasion when my face is a bit on the oily side. I find it much harder to blend than the HD. I'm guessing that's because it is oil free, and if you are using this foundation because your skin is oily then I guess this is a good thing. Because it dries to a powdery finish, you won't need to set this foundation with a powder. It is too matte for my preference, I like a more dewy finish. Another negative is that the shade of the foundation isn't listed on the bottle anywhere. I had to pull up my Sephora account to see what color foundation I ordered. I do like the coverage it applied. It comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with 16 different shades to choose from. The price is $34.

I hope this helps some of you. I also want to share with you a discount code for Sigma for the month of February. Use LOVE2012 for 10% off your order until Feb 29. Click the banner to the right of the page to check them out. These are by far my fav makeup brushes. The quality is up there with MAC brushes without the price of MAC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment