Thursday, January 12, 2012

Makeup Forever HD vs Bare Minerals Foundation

I've been getting questions about the comparison between MUFE HD foundation & Bare Minerals. Remember, these are just MY personal experiences with these products. I can't speak for what will work best for you & your skin type.

I'll start by saying that I used Bare Minerals religiously from 2005 to Nov 2011. I began using it after asking my daughter's Kindergarten teacher what foundation she used because I really liked the look of hers. I tried it and really liked it. I need a full coverage foundation to cover my skin discoloration and Bare Minerals provided that for me. I still feel it is a great product. There were times when my foundation would feel heavy or I would notice in certain light, my face would tend to look almost grayish or not normal and I just didn't like the way it looked. It also made my pores look alot larger. My youngest pointed this out to me frequently.

After getting into watching the beauty YouTube videos and talking to the sales girl at Sephora I decided to give the MUFE HD foundation a try and had them match a shade for me. I purchased the shade 120. It is a medium to full coverage liquid foundation. It glides on super easy. I can cover my entire face with 2 squirts (for lack of a better word lol) from the pump. I do spot treat a couple of areas where I need extra coverage with a 2nd layer of foundation but I dab it on with the extra left on my brush. It provides a silky smooth finish. It feels so light & weightless on the skin and photographs amazingly well. The company states "An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.
What it does:
This long-wearing foundation creates a soft-focus effect, which is designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It leaves your complexion with such a flawless finish, it can withstand bright or harsh lighting."

Since it is a liquid foundation you will need to set it with a powder. I have used the bare minerals as my setting powder and liked the extra coverage it provided. All it takes is a light dusting of the powder. Don't get carried away and apply too much. Now that I have purchased the HD complexion starter kit that comes with the Microfinish Powder & the Microperfecting Primer, I will continue to purchase it. It leaves my face so soft and smooth.

As far as price of each foundation, the MUFE is definately more expensive. It's $40 for 1.1oz of product. Since I've only been using it a month, I had to research online to find out about how long one would last and from what I read, I would guess around 4-5 months. The Bare Minerals is .28 oz and cost is $26 and lasts around 3-4 months. It really comes down to what you are comfortable spending on your foundation and how happy you are with each one. I am so in love with the way MUFE HD feels on my skin and looks that I do not mind paying the extra $14.

As far as brushes for each foundation, I always used Bare Minerals brushes until I was introduced to Sigma brushes. I bought the F84 Angled Top Kabuki brush. I've used this brush with both brands of foundation & it works great with both of them. It's just an all around awesome brush that I feel will work great with any foundation. The Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face Brush retails for $28. The F84 by Sigma retails for $16.

I hope that this post helps & that I've answered some of your questions. PLEASE subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. As always, if interested in trying out my favorite brushes, just click the Sigma banner on the right side of this post! Tune in tomorrow for my Friday Favs & Flops to find out my favorite and not so favorite products for the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment