Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Birchbox





What is Birchbox?

"Birchbox delivers the best products and the best insider secrets, without any fuss. Every month Birchbox members will receive a curated box of 4-5 luxe beauty samples. Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch. You'll receive anything from skincare to makeup to cult beauty tools, from well-known brands as well as emerging gems."

Now, before you get all excited I went to their website and they are currently sold out of subscriptions but do have a waiting list so you can sign up to be first in line when more become available. I belong to another beauty subscription service as well as this one called MyGlam . They are sold out too and I should receive my first My Glam bag any day now and I'm thinking that I may cancel my Birchbox subscription. Everyone seems to like My Glam so much better and from the videos I have seen of My Glam, they seem to have more products that I would be interested in. This month is the first Birchbox I've gotten that there is more than one sample that I really like and will use. Each service is $10/month. I will post pics from My Glam Bag as well as soon as I receive it.

This months Birchbox contained:

Archipelago Pomegranate Body Soap
Laced with good for you pomegranate extracts, this triple-milled soap smells divine and leaves skin feeling clean, not stripped. Full size retails for $12.50

Juicy Couture Fragrance Sample
Juicy's signature fragrance is a blend of sweet floral notes. Sophisticated and feminine, it's perfect for day or night. Full size $69-$89

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
What if your skin has dry patches and oily spots? Alleviate both concerns with this multi-tasking cleanser. Full size $19.50

stila Smudge stick Waterproof Eye Liner
It's time to put down the black liner. This colorful pigment makes eyes stand out and stays put for hours. Full size $20

Larabar Mini Bar (extra)
You won't find any artificial fillers in these natural bars; just dried fruits, nuts and other wholesome ingredients. They're as tasty as they are healthy.

Every month's box has a theme and comes packaged very cute. Also has a card inside which explains each product, which is what I just typed above. I just got this today and haven't tried any of it yet except the mini bar. My husband & I didn't like it at all. lol My daughter says the Pomegranate soap smells delish but I can't smell so I'll just take her word for it. I do like the eye liner, it's like a bronze brown color. It is exciting to get it in the mail every month and fun to open it and see what's inside. I'll keep you updated on whether I cancel my subscription or not. It's really not a bad deal considering your $10 covers the samples AND shipping!

Please comment or facebook me & let me know if there anything in particular that you would like to see a blog post about. I do plan on blogging about my favorite drug store makeup this week for those who like good makeup but at a more affordable price. I'd appreciate any feedback from you.

Don't forget to subscribe and/or click the Sigma link to the right of this post to try my fav makeup brushes.








0 comments:

Post a Comment